Companies need qualified and motivated employees. They are a decisive factor in competition. Forward-looking human resources planning is therefore also vital for the survival of young companies.
This is what it's all about:
- Finding good employees: e.g., by asking acquaintances and friends, newspaper ads or job exchanges on the Internet. The attractiveness of an employer is now a key factor in the decision of skilled workers to apply to a company. For companies, this means offering attractive working conditions and communicating their own advantages.
- Motivating employees: A motivating working atmosphere depends above all on communication with employees. If they are given the opportunity to engage mentally and emotionally with their company, to develop themselves and to come up with ideas, this strengthens their willingness to perform, creativity and loyalty.
- Promoting and finding skilled workers: Founders and existing companies are having increasing problems finding skilled workers. There are various ways of securing skilled workers:
- Promote employees in a targeted manner: This is how the company's need for skilled workers can be secured for the future: Small and medium-sized companies should therefore also organize further training for their employees. In addition, training the next generation of employees offers ideal opportunities to develop the skilled workers the company needs.
- Make working conditions attractive: Many skilled workers today look for the job that has the most to offer them. This includes promotion opportunities and equal opportunities for women and men in the company, the compatibility of family and career (e.g., through flexible working hours and locations), or a corporate image as an "attractive employer," e.g., through the type of corporate governance or social commitments (CSR). Of course, pay also plays an important role.
- Actively and specifically address skilled workers: Potential candidates include students and dropouts, especially in the STEM professions, skilled workers from abroad or older skilled worker.